Skip to main content

Some of My Favorite Tweets


Twitter has sort of taken over my life. Oh, my neglected farm. And the jewels that go unblitzed. Instead of playing Facebook games, I find myself spending that time on Twitter (and my husband would say more and more time on Twitter.)

Twitter, at its essence, is a way to communicate news and information quickly and widely. Whether that news is about Charlie Sheen's latest meltdown or an actual meltdown in Japan depends on who you follow.

I tend to follow writers and agents and people I like. And they have fantastic things to say about writing and publishing and things I like. I avoided the "Favorites" button on Twitter for a long time because I didn't know exactly what purpose it served. But after awhile, I realized that it let me save a tweet that linked to a great article or great quote that I'd want to refer back to and wouldn't get swallowed up in the feed.

For those of you who haven't joined the Twitter bandwagon yet and wonder what all the hoopla is all about, I thought I'd give you a little taste of why I've become addicted to 140 words or less. (For those of you who know what I'm talking about, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, here's the secret handshake.)

Ten Favorite Tweets
  • One sentence pitch formula: When OPENING CONFLICT happens to CHARACTER, they have OVERCOME CONFLICT to COMPLETE QUEST. via @

I hope you take a couple of minutes to check out the different links and even check out the tweeters themselves (the via @namehere at the end of the tweet). I've collected these tweets over the past few months and they're chockfull of good information. Enjoy!

Comments