Skip to main content

Reader's Corner - January 2012 Update

"This tesseract stuff is blowing my mind."
And so it begins ...

Another year of new books! Yay!

Last year I did monthly updates of the Debut Author Challenge books that I read, and I want to do that again this year. But I also want to add any other reading news that I may have to share, so I'm making these entries the more encompassing "Reader's Corner" rather just "Debut Author Challenge."

But I will start with January's debut author book ... I missed my chance to get Cinder from Netgalley (can I blame the holidays?), and just got a copy from the library a couple of days ago. So my inaugural debut novel for 2012 ended up being Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig. And it was a pretty good way to start the year.

As I mentioned in my review, there's a big discrepancy between the number of ARC pages and the number of pages listed on Amazon. So there will be an update after the book is released.

In other book news, I wanted to share an oldie but a goodie. A Wrinkle in Time is celebrating its 50th anniversary (!) this year. An anniversary edition is available now, along with a cool book trailer:



I didn't read A Wrinkle in Time until I was much older, and I can't wait to share it with my six-year-old niece. Girls need strong heroines like Meg, who isn't afraid to be smart or to speak up for others. Thank you, Madeleine L'Engle, for the gift of A Wrinkle in Time.


Comments