Skip to main content

Reader's Corner - April 2012 Update

"No one better touch my cells!"
Oh, April, why have you flown by so quickly? It seems as though I was just settling into you and now we must say good-bye.

I did get a good amount reading in, though. I read A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont and Something Like Normal by Trish Doller (review pending).

I even finished reading Peter Pan (remember, Project Gutenberg is a goldmine for free public domain ebooks).

And I like to mix up my fiction reading with some nonfiction. I finally started reading Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott (all writers should read this) and I'm about halfway through The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.

I love me some good science books, especially when they're so amazingly written like The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. I'm constantly interrupting my husband as I read to tell him what I've just learned. Plus there's the heartbreaking human story behind it all. Can't wait to finish reading it!

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks book trailer:


Happy reading!

Comments